Beta
Advertisement

3 workers die after inhaling septic tank gas in Gazipur

09 Jul 2018, 17:19

NTV Online

Gazipur: Three workers died after inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank at a house in Tongi on Monday.

The deceased are Atique, 25 and Shaheen, 30, two sons of Shahidullah of Phulbaria upazila in Mymensingh district and Faruk, 25, son of Zahirul Islam of Rangpur district.

Ashiqur Rahman, station officer of Tongi Fire Service, said the three workers went to the house of Yusuf Ali of the area for cleaning the septic tank.

At one stage, they fell sick while cleaning the tank. After getting no response from them, local people informed the matter to local firefighting unit.

Later, a firefighting unit rescued them and taken to local hospital where the doctors declared them dead.

Advertisement