Beta
Advertisement

Two siblings die taking tea made of pesticide

12 Mar 2017, 22:28 | updated: 12 Mar 2017, 22:33

Online Desk

Thakurgaon: Two minor siblings died and four people fell sick after taking tea mistakenly made with pesticide instead of tea leaves at Harinda village in Thakurgaon on Sunday.

The deceased were Sohan, 7, and his sister Sohana, 3, children of Monirul Haque of the village while the sick people were Jamila, 40, Sarufa, 40, Sabina, 25, and Sadia, 5.

The family sources said Jamila, wife of Alauddin, made tea with pesticide powder instead of tea leaves after their relatives, including the siblings, visited the house at about 2:00pm.

As the six members of the two families took the insecticide-mixed tea, Sohan died on the spot and five others, including Sohana, fell sick.

They were taken to Thakurgaon Sadar Hospital where Sohana later died, said local Union Council member Nurul Islam.

Contacted, Thakurgaon Police Station Officer-in-charge Moshiur Rahman told news agency UNB that they were looking into the matter.

Advertisement