Skip to main content
NTv Online

World

World
  • Africa
  • Americas
  • Asia Pacific
  • Europe
  • Mid East
  • More
  • Offbeat
  • South & Central Asia
  • Viral
  • Bangla Version
  • Archive
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Comment
  • Education
  • Life
  • Health
  • Art & Culture
  • Election
  • বাংলা
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Comment
  • Education
  • Life
  • Health
  • Art & Culture
  • Election
  • বাংলা
  • Bangla Version
  • Archive
Follow
  • World
AFP
11 February, 2016, 08:29
Update: 11 February, 2016, 08:29
More News
Lawmaker Habibe Millat speaks on Universal Health Coverage in Pan-African Parliament
Islamic State claims it killed 11 soldiers in Nigeria
Dozens of migrants drown off Tunisia coast after leaving Libya
After ousting Bashir, Sudan’s activists struggle to loosen military’s grip
South Africa votes with corruption, jobs as big issues

At least 15 dead in southeast Guinea bus crash

AFP
11 February, 2016, 08:29
Update: 11 February, 2016, 08:29

Conakry, Guinea: At least 15 people died and dozens were injured in southeastern Guinea on Wednesday when a passenger bus smashed into a military truck, authorities said.

The bus overturned during the accident in Bofossou, in Macenta prefecture, some 700 kilometres (435 miles) from the capital Conakry, according to a statement from the presidency seen by AFP.

The accident ‘killed at least 15 people and injured several, according to a provisional toll’, the statement said. ‘According to initial findings, the problem was caused by speeding and a defective braking system, which caused the passenger bus to flip over.’

Kemo Pascal Dembadouno, the prefect of Macenta, told AFP the collision happened in the early morning in poor visibility as the military truck was trying to park.

‘The military truck carrying fruit from N’Zerekore (100 kilometres to the south) slowed down as it was trying to park to make space on the road,’ he said.

‘At the moment when it tried to do a small manoeuvre to park, a passenger bus sped up and smashed right into it. The bus was completely destroyed.’

Dembadouno said 15 people had been killed and 30 injured, but it was unclear whether they were civilians or from the military.

Most Read
  1. WHO site shows how they refuse to acknowledge scientific evidence on vaping
  2. Tholos Foundation urges Bangladesh govt not to ban e-cigarettes
  3. India bans service charge at hotels and restaurants
  4. Bangladesh and Australia working towards key trade partners
  5. Bigger and better Mother Language Day Walk
  6. Islamic State loses second leader in two years
Most Read
  1. WHO site shows how they refuse to acknowledge scientific evidence on vaping
  2. Tholos Foundation urges Bangladesh govt not to ban e-cigarettes
  3. India bans service charge at hotels and restaurants
  4. Bangladesh and Australia working towards key trade partners
  5. Bigger and better Mother Language Day Walk
  6. Islamic State loses second leader in two years

Follow Us

Alhaj Mohammad Mosaddak Ali

Chairman & Managing Director

NTV Online, BSEC Building (Level-8), 102 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Karwan Bazar, Dhaka-1215 Telephone: +880255012281 up to 5, Fax: +880255012286 up to 7

Browse by Category

  • About NTV
  • NTV Programmes
  • Advertisement
  • Web Mail
  • NTV FTV
  • Satellite Downlink
  • Europe Subscription
  • USA Subscription
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact

Our Newsletter

To stay on top of the ever-changing world of business, subscribe now to our newsletters.

* We hate spam as much as you do

Alhaj Mohammad Mosaddak Ali

Chairman & Managing Director

NTV Online, BSEC Building (Level-8), 102 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Karwan Bazar, Dhaka-1215 Telephone: +880255012281 up to 5, Fax: +880255012286 up to 7

Reproduction of any content, news or article published on this website is strictly prohibited. All rights reserved