Three members of a family electrocuted in Rangpur
Rangpur: Three members of a family were electrocuted in Lalbagh area of Rangpur City on Friday noon.
The deceased are - Tajmahal Begum, 61, her daughter Tania, 30, and granddaughter Tajmiah, 8, report the UNB.
Locals said Tania and her daughter Tajmiah were electrocuted when they went to the roof of the two-storey building to collect clothes around 1:30pm. Hearing their scream, Tajmahal Begum rushed in but she too was electrocuted.
Fire service members rescued the trio and took them to Rangpur Medical College Hospital where duty doctors pronounced them dead.
A case has been filed at Kotwali Police Station.
Police have arrested the building's owner Syed Ali for interrogation.