Elephant electrocuted in Sherpur
Sherpur: A wild elephant reportedly killed as it got electrocuted with an electric trap at Tawakucha village in Kangsa union of Jhinaigati upazila in Sherpur on Monday morning.
Quoting local people, Tawakucha beat officer of the Forest Department Mohammad Ashraful Alam said the elephant died at about 4:30am.
The reason behind death could not be ascertained. The elephant might have been died being trapped in an electric trap.
Earlier on 1 October last, an elephant was found dead in a paddy field in Panbor area of the village.
Meanwhile, nine people have been killed in separate elephant attacks in the upazila in last one and half month.
Recently, locals started using electric traps to prevent the straying of wild elephants into their habitation.