3 brothers die after inhaling toxic gas
Khagrachari: Three brothers were died after inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank Mahalchari upazila, Khagrachari, in the early hours of Monday.
The deceased are Prodip Shashi Chakma, a correspondent of Bangla daily Bhorer Kagoj, and his two brothers Heventu Chakma and Ubhentu Chakma.
Uzzal Chakma, wife of Prodip Shashi Chakma, said Prodip lost consciousness after inhaling toxic gas when he went inside the septic tank at their house in Manartek village of the upazilla at about 12:30am to pick up his mobile phone that had fallen there.
As Heventu and Ubhentu went inside the septic tank for rescuing Prodip, they also lost consciousness due to toxic gas inhalation.
The Mahalchari police said the trio were rescued by local people and were taken to Mahalchari Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared them dead.