2 die after inhaling toxic gas
Khagrachhari: Two people, including a woman, died after inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank at Singhopara in Matiranga, Khagrachhari on Thursday morning.
The deceased were Mir Hossain, son of Abu Taher and Mariam Bibi, wife of Siraj Miah of the village.
Witnesses said Mariam got fainted after inhaling toxic gas when she climbed down the septic tank of her house at about 08:45am to pick up her mobile phone that had fallen there.
Hearing scream of the family members,two neighbors -- Mir Hossain and Mokbul got inside the septic tank for rescuing Marium but both of them lost consciousness due to toxic gas inhalation.
Rescued by the local people, the trio were rushed to Matiranga Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared Mir and Mariam dead.
Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) Mohammad Moniruzzaman Bokaul confirmed the incident.
On 18 May, three siblings died after inhaling toxic when they got inside a septic tank at their house to pick up a mobile phone that had fallen there at Manartek village in Mahalchari upazila of the district.