Fire at Bogra jute mill doused
Bogra: A fire that broke out at a jute mill in Manik Chalk area in Sadar upazila on Wednesday morning, was doused.
Station master of Bogra Fire Service and Civil Defence Bazlur Rashid said that the fire originated at the warehouse of Khandaker Jute Mill around 9:30 am.
On information, four fire-fighting units rushed in and doused the flame after two hours of frantic efforts around 11:30 am.
No causalities were reported in the incident.
The fire originated from electric short circuit, said the station master.
The owner of the jute mill claimed that jute worth about Tk 3 crore were gutted in the fire.