2 electrocuted in Faridpur
Faridpur: Maternal uncle and his nephew were electrocuted in Bhanga upazila of this district this afternoon while they were boating in a rivulet.
According to police sources, maternal uncle Ashraf, 25 and his nephew Jihad, 8 were running a boat in Soraibari beel under Tuzarpur union of Bhanga upazila.
Suddenly due to the strike of the stick (Logi) of the boat with a live electric wire passing over the beel, the wire snapped and fell on them causing instant death. They were inhabitants of Soraibari village.
There were three more people on the boat who received injuries.
A unnatural death case was registered with Bhanga Police Station in this connection.
Later, the bodies were handed over to the relatives.