2 workers die in Pirojpur
Pirojpur: Two workers died supposed to be inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank of a house in PTI area of the district town on Saturday morning.
The deceased were identified as Shamim Howlader, son of Alamgir Howlader, a resident of PTI area of the district town, and Abdul Alim, son of Mannan Howlader, a resident of Pangashia village in Kaukhali upazila.
Molla Sekander Ali, inspector of Pirojpur Fire Service, said Shamim and Alim were working in the house of one Nasir Uddin Miah of the area.
At one stage, Shamim fell sick while cleaning the house’s septic tank in the morning.
Later, Alim went down the septic tank to rescue Shamim and they both went missing.
Getting no response from the duo, locals informed the matter to the local fire station.
Later, a firefighting unit rescued the duo from the septic tank and rushed them to Pirojpur Sadar Hospital where doctors declared Shamim and Alim dead.
Two fire fighters named Mehedi Hasan and Nazmu also fell sick and were admitted to the hospital.